Thursday, June 4, 2009

Movies Made on Catalina Island

What do Tahiti, Hawaii, and The Philippines have in common with Catalina Island? You might answer, "They are all islands", and, of course, you would be right. And you probably think that you have seen theselocations, and well as many other exotic locations in the movies, butyou might be surprised to know that many of these geographical sightswere all really shot on Catalina Island!

I compiled a list of 250 movies made on Catalina, going back to thebeginning of film making, and helped Lee Rosenthal write her wonderfulbook, "CATALINA AT THE MOVIES", 2003, Wingate Press, P. O. Box 1715,Sausalito, CA 94966 (you can get it at the Catalina Island Museum,310-510-2414 or let me know and I will get one sent to you).

I have since come up with 100 more titles and here are just some of the films that have used my island as a "back drop", never suspected by the movie audiences. The list will be in the next series of posts. If you can think of any movies I've forgotten, please post them on this blog and/or email them to me for posting to: Liddell@catalinas.net

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all people you actually understand what you're talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also talk over with my web site =). We will have a hyperlink change contract between us

Feel free to visit my weblog ... internet marketing training

Anonymous said...

It's an awesome piece of writing for all the internet viewers; they will get advantage from it I am sure.

my web site :: akribos

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I would like to subscribe for this webpage
to take latest updates, so where can i do it please help.



My web-site :: http://wiki.unhnu.com/index.php?title=Usuario:QXOEzequi

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarette, electronic cigarette, e cigarettes, e cigarette, electronic cigarettes, e cigarette reviews