Monday, June 1, 2009

Catalina Island Man - Who Am I?

I am the Catalina Island Man! My name is Chuck Liddell. I was born on the island on May 24th 1947. I am one of the last few Island Born natives of Catalina.

I am involved with an ongoing, “Oral history of Catalina”, project. As I build this blog I intend to add the ability for you to listen to many of these oral histories from your computer. I have collaborated in the writing of scores of books and pamphlets about Catalina Island and its history as well as a movie called: “Hollywood’s Magical Island, Catalina” which shows the historical connection between the Hollywood movie studios, stars and Catalina Island.

I invite my friends and associates to add to this blog so that it will be as accurate a history and memory of Catalina Island and Avalon California as possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is Beautiful Chuck and Richard! Just beautiful... What an awesome name,"Catalina Island Man" and how fitting. :) May the Lord our God use you exceedingly and Bless you in all that you put your hands to for Him. In Jesus Christ, Your Brother and Pastor, Brian