Thursday, June 11, 2009

Catalina Island Man

On Sunday, June 7, 2009, I had the great privilege of seeing three of the "acts" I manage entertain at the "Escondido Performing Arts Center" (for those of you who don't know it, I also manage great entertainers).

The three acts that evening were Dana Daniels, Doug Mattocks, and Chad Taylor http://www.liddelltalentmanagement.com/ and for the first time they performed together in a concert entitled "TRIPLE THREAT". I am obviously biased, but they were GREAT!



Dana Daniels performs feats of magic and humor accompanied by his amazing parrot Luigi (who is smarter than Dana).

Doug Mattocks is a banjo player and singer extrordinaire who also performs on the most exclusive cruise lines, and Mad Chad Taylor...well, he juggles chain saws.

All are absolutely "G" rated family entertainment and beloved by their fans.

Which reminds me, I also represent "THE FOUR PREPS" (Bruce Belland, a wonderful friend and the leader and founder of the group, has now "resurrected" the group) whose song, "26 MILES ACROSS THE SEA" is now celebrating its 50th Anniversary! My guess is that 75% plus of those who think of Catalina think of this song. You can only imagine the excitement of hearing them sing this and other songs that put them at the top of the "pop musical charts" fifty years ago.

If you are thinking about entertainment, "THE FOUR PREPS", (and any of the many other fine acts I manage) would certainly be great for anniversaries, reunions, or any other events where fans still appreciate this special type of music.

Hopefully you will be able to see them, and any other of my acts, when they are touring your area.

If you are interested in a monthly update of where and when my performers will be in concert, let me know at: liddell@catalinas.net

No comments: