Tuesday, January 26, 2010

They Called Me NATURE BOY!

There comes a time in every man's and women's life when they have to explain some very embarrassing past experiences. This is my time!!!

Yes, I am reminded quite often, that I didn't wear clothes until I was three years old! THERE, I SAID IT!!! Of course, many of the "old timers" still remind me of this and have even offered to show me photos (I WANT THOSE NEGATIVES!). Luckily there are fewer of these paparazzi around and many can't remember (anymore) who the adorable "nature boy" was.

Okay, Okay…There were times when I HAD to put on clothes. When I visited Grandma and Grandpa on the mainland, or when they visited us on the Island. Easter Sun Rise Service and Church in general was certainly a time to cover myself!

Other than that, Mom generally just splashed on the baby oil and sent me out to the beach. Back then, there was no "crime" and everyone looked out for "Nature Boy". I learned to swim like a fish at 18 months so being near the ocean wasn't a concern. I turned out to be as dark as a berry ALL OVER (yes…even there!). With my curly brown hair, I was really a "native".

Believe it or not, it took me almost 60 years before I confronted Mom and this issue. Why did she allow me to go around in the buff and why did she force me to pose with so many celebrities who often frequented the Island? Mom's response was very surprising and enlightening, to say the least!













(see...They Called Me Nature Boy! Part 2)

1 comment:

workoutwithwendy said...

I am confused, Chuck.... What does this have to do with your REAL calling on the island?
MATH 6:24
Truth, Love and Light....