Thursday, September 24, 2009

MAIN STREAM DAD Part 2

GETTING INTO THE MAIN STREAM PT 2

Now, being a "literal" person (see my blog about getting my driver's license), I did EXACTLY what the instructions told me to do, no matter how crazy they sounded! They had me sticking things into areas that I didn't even know that Dad, or any human being, had!






I couldn't find certain "holes" that were described, so I had to stick the wooden devices down the ONLY hole that I could find. At this Dad said,











"WHAT IN THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!?!"





I read the instructions to him and we both agreed that they made no sense whatsoever. I asked for Dad's suggestions (he was a 1924 graduate of "CalTech" in Civil and Mechanical Engineering), but he had none.




When I was done with what must have been left over from the "Spanish Inquisition",





I then smeared the iodine solution over every "flap and fold" that I had "Q-tipped" and wiped, on everything described that I could possibly find and then Dad "let loose" and I was able to capture "The Mid Flow", whatever that was.






I assumed that it meant the middle part, so I concentrated on that!









I rushed the sample up the hospital and found the "Candy Stripper" and gave her the container, which I had carried back in its original box, in case it decided to leak.






"THAT WAS THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING THAT I HAVE EVER DONE





AND MY FATHER'S


'YOU KNOW WHAT'

WILL PROBABLY NEVER BE THE SAME!!!









BE SURE TO TELL THE DOCTOR THAT I HOPE THAT HE GOT WHAT HE WANTED AND


THAT DAD AND I WILL 'NEVER' HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS TORTURE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!"





"Your 'DAD'!??" she said, which a bewildered look.











"Yes, my 'DAD', but what does that have to do with anything!?!"










She asked me to please wait a few moments, which I begrudgingly agreed to, knowing that I couldn't leave my father very long unattended.

She came back a few minutes later with all of the other nurses in our small 13-bed hospital and holding back laughter,

she asked me to try to "educate" this hospital staff as to how I administered "Catching The Main Flow" on my father.




I figured that this wasn't done very often (it should have been featured in "Ripply's Believe It Or Not") and that they sincerely wanted to "learn" from someone who actually went through the "torture chamber" with my father.

While I described the process (which, unfortunately, it will



NEVER LEAVE MY MEMORY BANK; NOT ONE POKE OR SMEAR OF IT!),




the nurses couldn't hold back and every now and then one of them would start snickering.




I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS VERY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!
(to be continued)

No comments: